PLAY-IN-A-DAY (PD Days)
2017-2018 | EDUCATION
A full day of theatre and play-building with Green Light Arts!
FOR AGES: 6-13 YEARS (Grades 1-7)
About the Program
9:00am to 4:00pm
Extended hours available & included in the price.
Early drop-off from 8am. Late pick-up until 5pm.
The day includes a warm-up, group drama activities, lots of moving, and rehearsal/creation time to build an original presentation.
Play-in-a-Day is focused on process rather than finished product. At the end of the day (4:00pm), parents/guardians are invited to watch the participants perform their unique theatre piece. Programming is led by Green Light Arts staff.
$40 (plus HST) for 1 session = $45.20
$70 (plus HST) for 2 sessions = $79.10
$100 (plus HST) for all 3 sessions = $113.00
$210 (plus HST) for all 7 sessions = $237.30
Sept. 22, 2017
Nov. 17, 2017
Jan. 26, 2018
Apr. 13, 2018
May 4, 2018
June 1, 2018
June 29, 2018
All 7 sessions of PD Day programming take place at 44 GAUKEL in downtown Kitchener.
- Personal cheque (payable to 'Green Light Arts')
- Mail to: 44 Gaukel Street, Kitchener, Ontario N2G 4P3
- Interac e-money transfer (send to our Managing Director: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- On-line using VISA, MasterCard or Amex (use ADD TO CART button below)
What to Bring
Participants should come in comfortable clothing that allows them to move freely and wear only non-marking shoes. Green Light Arts will offer a healthy snack and beverage at nutritional breaks. Please remember to send your child with a packed lunch and a refillable water bottle!
- Participants must be between 6-13 years of age (grades 1-7).
- If you are registering more than 2 children, please fill-out a second registration form.
- Registration is considered complete once we have received the following:
- Completed On-line Registration Form
- Programming runs from 9:00am-4:00pm. Early drop-off 8:00am. Late pick-up 5:00pm.
- Enrollment is limited so please ensure prompt delivery of all registration items in order to secure your child’s spot in the camp.
- Refunds must be requested in writing/email no later than 5 days prior to each session.
- Questions and inquiries: email@example.com or call us at 226-444-8011
Code of Conduct:
The safety and well-being of each participant is very important to us. In order to ensure the best programming experience for all participants, please note the following practices adhered to by all staff and representatives of Green Light Arts:
- Green Light Arts staff do not have specialized medical training. However, a number of our staff are certified in Basic First Aid and CPR-C. If the participant has a specific medical concern, please consult with Green Light Arts prior to their enrollment to ensure that proper attention to their specific needs are in place.
- In case of emergency, sickness, accident or incident, parents/guardians must leave adequate contact information where they can be reached and be available to come and pick up their child, if needed.
- Participants enrolled in the Play-in-a-Day program are to be picked-up by authorized persons ONLY as indicated by parents/guardians on the application form. Written notice is required for all changes to persons designated in this regard. Please note that photo ID may be requested from any adult (parent/guardian/or otherwise) who is picking up a participant to verify their identity.
- Participants are not to wander on or off the premises, either on their own or with other participants, without the supervision of a Green Light Arts staff member. If a participant must leave an activity they are to stay under the supervision of a staff member until they return to the activity or until their parent or guardian can pick them up.
- Green Light Arts demands the highest level of conduct from their staff and representatives. It is important to us that each participant feel supported, encouraged, empowered, and respected. Our staff are hand-picked with the highest of standards for both their knowledge of theatre craft and their ability to interact well with youth of all abilities and backgrounds.
- In alignment with our mission/mandate statements and company goals, Green Light Arts expects the highest level of conduct from its participants as outlined by the following:
- Respect & Equality for All (regardless of race, gender, religion, beliefs or ability)
- Courtesy in all Actions and Good Behaviour
- Respect for Personal Property
- Co-operation with Green Light Arts Staff
- Green Light Arts will not tolerate hurtful, destructive and dangerous behaviour and reserves the right to remove participants from programming, without refund, for behaviour that doesn't meet expectations.